Tourist Visa for US citizens
Beginning on December 1. 2017, the immigration authorities of Bolivia will require US citizens to obtain a visa.
The validity of tourist visas for United States citizen will now be of ten (10) years, allowing multiple entries. The admittance is for a period of thirty (30) calendar days extendable by request to the Directorate General of Immigration for two (2) similar periods; themselves that can be continuous or discontinuous in the period of one (1) year.
- Complete the Sworn Statement for Visa Application.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination.
- One recent 2×2 passport type photograph.
- Original Passport with at least 6 months of validity.
- Copy of the hotel reservation or invitation letter from Bolivian friends or relatives indicating the host address (if invitation letter is from friend or family, it must be personal, institutional invitations is only for Specific Purpose Visa).
- Round trip or copy of travel itinerary.
- Bank statement or equivalent that shows economic solvency (Please note that the validity of the document should be for at least the travel period). Parent´s or Legal Guardian´s Economic Solvency documents are accepted for underage applicants.
- Visa fee: US$ 160.00 Postal Money Order or Certified Cheque payable to Embassy of Bolivia.
- The visa can be obtained at any Consulate of Bolivia.