A student visa is granted to foreign citizens traveling to Bolivia in Order to study or take part in academic activities.
It is issued for sixty (60) calendar days, with the purpose of studying at primary, secondary and higher education institutions, enables the process of temporary stay of a student for up to three (3) years, renewable for periods of up to three (3) years, until the completion of their studies to the Directorate General of Immigration.
Student Visa with exchange agreement with the State
It sis granted for one hundred eighty (180) calendar days, in order to pursue studies under state academic agreements, enables to process the temporary stay of the student for similar period.
Student Visa WITHOUT exchange agreement with the State
It is granted for one hundred eighty (180) calendar days, for the purpose of studying under academic agreements between public or private universities or other foreign schools and enables the temporary stay student for a similar period.
- Completed Sworn Statement for Visa Application.
- Original Passport with at least 6 months of validity.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination and / or another certificate, if applicable.
- One recent passport size.
- Fee of US$50.00 Postal Money Order or Certified Cheque payable to Embassy of Bolivia.
- School transcript attesting last level studied conducted in school, college or university in the country of residence, legalized by the corresponding Consular Office (see legalization process).
- Original or certified copy of acceptance letter issued by the Higher Education Institution in Bolivia. Applicable for a student visa with state or private agreement.
- Legalized copy of agreement or interagency agreement as appropriate, where the type of student exchange is established. Applicable for a student visa with private agreement (see legalization process).
- Certificate stating that the applicant has no criminal and /or police record, issued by competent authority in the country of origin or last residence, according to current regulations.